Effective Acne Treatment in Toronto & Newmarket
Many people think that acne is just a condition that teens experience while going through puberty, but it has a far larger reach. People of all ages can be affected by acne, as can all genders. If you are among this group, you shouldn’t be embarrassed.
Redwood Medi Spa offers several types of acne treatment in Toronto & Newmarket for adults who want to improve their skin and complexion. We want you to feel good in your skin, and we believe our acne treatments can help. By scheduling a consultation with our clinicians, you’ll learn more about your options.
Common Causes of Adult Acne
Acne and problematic skin are the result of the overproduction of sebum and the excessive growth of skin cells. It is a long term skin disease that occurs when your pores become clogged with these dead skin cells and oils. Taking the form of blackheads, whiteheads, pimples and cysts, acne often forms on the face, chest and back. In adults, acne has various causes that can stand alone or work in conjunction, including:
- Wrong products
- Over washing
Your acne may be the cause of your low self-esteem, but treatment is an ongoing process that takes time. To receive acne treatment in Toronto or Newmarket, get in touch with Redwood Medi Spa.
Options for Acne Treatment in Toronto & Newmarket
Finding the right acne treatment is difficult amidst the millions of products available today. From acne removal creams to washes, the options can be overwhelming. Redwood Medi Spa offers several treatment modalities that are designed to help those with varying acne conditions. Our goal is to help patients feel good in their skin.
- Acne-focused facials – Blue light facials have been shown to enhance skin tone and reduce imperfections caused by acne.
- Acne-focused chemical peels – We offer several chemical peels that can clear acne and reduce acne scarring, blemishes, redness and post-breakout dark spots.
- Microneedling – We offer Health Canada approved microneedling that can clear acne and reduce acne scarring, blemishes, redness and post-breakout dark spots.
- Picosure – We offer revolutionary first pico-second laser in the world Picosure that can reduce reduce acne scarring, blemishes, redness and post-breakout dark spots.
- Fractora – We offer radio frequency microneedling Fractora that can reduce cystic acne and reduce acne scarring, blemishes, redness and post-breakout dark spots.
- Potenza – We offer radio frequency microneedling Potenza that can control acne breakout and reduce acne scarring, blemishes, redness and post-breakout dark spots.
- Acne-focused home care regime – Our products for sale include several skincare brands that contain ingredients such as salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide that can help treat acne and kill acne bacteria.
- Prescription medications – Depending on the severity of your condition, prescription medications may be your best option for reducing acne.
- Medicated injections – Another effective option, medicated injections can be utilized to prevent and treat acne from forming on the face, back and chest.
Rather than getting rid of your problems, picking or squeezing pimples results in redness, swelling, inflammation and possible scarring. By relying on our treatment methods, you can see an improvement in your complexion within weeks of your procedure.
Book an Appointment for Acne Treatment in Toronto or Newmarket Today!
Redwood Medi Spa offers many non-surgical services designed to help you feel good in your skin. If you’re suffering from adult acne, there are effective treatment options. Schedule a consultation with our medical provider for an advanced acne evaluation to customize a treatment program from our options listed above.
Any of our acne services can be purchased a la carte, and prescription medications and medicated injections maybe recommended at an additional cost. Acne improves the quickest and results are most impressive when treatments are used in combination.
Scar Treatment FAQ’s:
How does laser scar treatment work?
Unlike surgery, laser acne scar treatment uses ultra-short pulses of laser light to reach deeply into the skin’s sub-layers, treating the support structure. Then the body’s natural healing process sweeps away older, damaged tissue and rebuilds it with fresh, new collagen and elastin—the crucial building blocks of normal-looking skin. It’s a fast and simple procedure that’s easy to tolerate and requires little-to-no downtime.
What types of scars can be treated?
Laser acne scar treatment is FDA-cleared for acne scars on any area of the body, including the face.
Am I a good candidate for this treatment?
Laser acne scar treatment can work on many skin types, including very light and darker skin. Contact a provider to find out if you are a good candidate for this treatment.
How long does it take?
The treatment can be performed in as little as 15 minutes or less, depending on the size of the targeted area.
What does the treatment feel like?
Most people feel minimal discomfort during laser acne scar treatment. Your physician will work with you on the best option for optimal comfort based on your individual situation.
How many treatments will I need?
Acne scars will begin to show improvement in 2 treatments but a series of 3 to 5 treatments is recommended for optimum aesthetic results.
How quickly will I recover?
Most people resume regular activities immediately following the treatment session.
Are there any side effects?
Typical side effects include temporary redness and swelling at the treatment site. Unwanted pigmentation associated with the acne scarring should slightly frost (whiten) during treatment, then darken over the following 24 hours and then shed over time.