Providing Hyperpigmentation Treatments for Toronto & Newmarket
Redwood Medi Spa in Toronto & Newmarket offer hyperpigmentation treatment at our clinic. We are a full service, award-winning clinic that offers non-surgical aesthetic services to help you regain your confidence. Our hyperpigmentation services have been proven to effectively treat skin conditions such as age spots and freckles. If you have hyperpigmentation in Toronto & Newmarket and want it removed, schedule an appointment at Redwood Medi Spa.
Unwanted skin pigmentation, such as brown spots or blotches on the face, can be unsightly and unappealing. Called hyperpigmentation, this condition can affect all skin types. If you’re tired of feeling self-conscious about dark spots on your skin, get hyperpigmentation treated in Toronto & Newmarket at Redwood Medi Spa.
What Is Hyperpigmentation & What Are Its Causes?
Melanin is a group of natural pigments that gives our skin, hair and eyes their colour. When your body produces excess melanin in the form of dark spots on the skin, you have hyperpigmentation. Commonly found on the skin of the face, arms and hands, hyperpigmentation is often visible in the form of:
- Age spots
- Liver spots
- Sun spots
- Any dark or brown spot
What Products and Treatments Are Available for Hyperpigmentation in Redwood Medi Spa in Toronto & Newmarket?
Because hyperpigmentation is such a prevalent skin condition, many treatments have been developed that, when properly administered, can reduce the effects of hyperpigmentation. Redwood Medi Spa in Toronto & Newmarket offer many options, including:
- Photofacials – Treatment with intense pulsed light (IPL), called a photofacial, is frequently recommended to treat hyperpigmentation. However, improperly administered photofacials can worsen hyperpigmentation, so choose your clinic carefully.
- Chemical peels – Various chemical peels are also used to treat hyperpigmentation. It’s important that great care is taken, as pigment irregularities and scarring can occur if not done by an experienced clinician.
- OxyGeneo - This is a 3-in-1 super facial which softens the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It also minimizes the pores, while hydrating and nourishing the skin. OxyGeneo brightens skin complexion by reducing pigmentation and sun damage.
- Laser peels – Laser resurfacing treatments may be utilized to reduce hyperpigmentation as well. CO2 lasers and fractional lasers are popular choices for such procedures.
- Picosure – Picosure is the only safe & effective laser device approved by Health Canada to treat melasma.
- Topical skin products – Products containing skin-lightening ingredients, such as retinoids and Vitamin C, are often used to reduce hyperpigmentation.
All of these treatments can be effective, although it depends on your skin type and the amount of hyperpigmentation you have. Book a consultation for hyperpigmentation in Toronto or Newmarket at Redwood Medi Spa.
If you want to remove the dark spots from your face, arms and hands, and get treated for hyperpigmentation, schedule a consultation with Redwood Medi Spa in Toronto or Newmarket. Our non-surgical treatment options can reduce the appearance of many skin imperfections, including hyperpigmentation.
We help our patients feel good in their skin. By reducing the appearance of sunspots, liver spots and other dark marks on your skin, you’ll be able to appreciate your natural beauty. Contact Redwood Medi Spa in Toronto & Newmarket today for hyperpigmentation treatment.
What causes unwanted pigment?
Melanin gives us our skin color. Pigmented lesions including sunspots, age spots, and brown patches, are dark in color because the melanin is concentrated in one area of the skin. Most pigmented lesions come from sun exposure while some patients are born with them. Hormonal changes can also induce pigment changes in the skin.
What types of pigmented lesions can PicoSure remove?
Lasers remove a variety of unwanted pigment. Age spots, freckles, and brown patches can all be removed with PicoSure. During a free consultation, your practitioner will put together a treatment regime to help you achieve pigment-free skin fast.
How many treatment sessions will it take?
To improve the look of your skin and achieve a more youthful appearance by removing pigmented lesions will require only a few treatments. Darker, deeper and larger pigmented lesions may require additional treatments; however during the consultation, your practitioner will discuss treatment expectations with you.
What does the treatment feel like?
Most patients find the procedure tolerable and require no numbing cream or anesthesia. PicoSure delivers energy in ultra-short bursts, and patients often compare the laser pulse to a snap of a thin rubber band.
What type of post treatment care is necessary?
After the procedure, the treatment area may be tender. It is important to keep the area clean and to avoid any irritation. Your practitioner will provided additional after care instructions as needed to ensure a quick recovery.