top of page

6 Reasons to Get an IPL Photofacial

IPL Photofacial Toronto

You've probably heard that IPL photofacials work wonders for reducing the signs of aging, blemishes and damage to your face's skin. And the rumours are all true! During each non-invasive facial, intense pulsed light (IPL) penetrates into the skin, boosting collagen levels and banishing imperfections, while constricting blood vessels to reduce redness and signs of age. If you're on the fence about trying a photofacial, Redwood Medi Spa & Wellness Centre, your trusted Toronto spa, knows six great reasons why this treatment could benefit you. Let's chat about it.

1. Reduce signs of aging IPL photofacials work to minimize classic signs of aging, such as wrinkles and fine lines. As the light penetrates your skin, it naturally stimulates the productions of collagen, which improves the skin's elasticity and tightness. This increase in collagen softens your wrinkles and fine lines, and the skin itself appears smoother. Collagen production decreases as you age, starting as early as 25 years old. So, boosting your levels of collagen with a photofacial is also thought to slow down future signs of aging. 2. Minimize skin redness, acne marks and broken blood vessels After each photofacial, you'll notice a tremendous difference in your skin's appearance and texture. That's because IPL technology rejuvenates the skin by reducing redness (caused by rosacea and other ailments), visible blood vessels, scarring and sun damage. If you suffer from acne marks, IPL photofacials can also help. Each session removes post-acne marks, while lowering inflammation and tightening the pores to reduce the appearance of blemishes. 3. Reverse sun damage and ages spots for even glowing skin After each treatment, you will notice a significant improvement in the complexion and clarity of the skin. 4. IPL photofacials are not just for your face When clients see the amazing results of IPL photofacials on their face, they often opt to have the treatments done on their neck, chest, shoulders and hands, as well. Like the face, these areas of the body are prone to age spots, sun damage, freckles, wrinkles and hyperpigmentation, which our treatments strive to eliminate. 5. Minimal discomfort About 90 per cent of patients report feeling no pain at all during IPL photofacials. For the remaining 10 per cent, treatments cause minor feelings of discomfort akin to an elastic band snap on the skin. 6. IPL photofacials fast and easy! A standard facial often lasts an hour or longer. With IPL photofacials, the entire treatment can be completed in just 15 to 30 minutes! There's minimum recovery time after the procedure, so you can schedule your appointment during your lunch break and return to work afterwards. Looking to book a photofacial in Toronto? For your next IPL photofacial, make an appointment at Redwood Medi Spa & Wellness Centre, our award-winning Toronto facility. Contact us today to learn more or book your pre-treatment consultation.


bottom of page